Educational and Training Institutions
There are sections of the standard that apply specifically to educational and training institutions, such as:
- Public and private elementary and secondary schools
- Colleges and universities
- Other educational and training organizations defined in the regulation
For more specific details on what organizations must comply, select the heading below:
- Organizations that are governed by the Education Act or the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
- Organizations that offer all or part of a post-secondary program leading to a degree pursuant to a consent granted under the Post-secondary Education Choice and Excellence Act, 2000.
- Designated public sector organizations (colleges and universities) described in paragraph 3 or 4 of Schedule 1 of the IASR.
- Public or private organizations that provide courses or programs or both that result in the acquisition by students of a diploma or certificate named by the Minister of Education under paragraph 1 of subsection 8 (1) of the Education Act.
- A private school within the meaning of the Education Act.
The following sections of the standard apply specifically to educational and training institutions:
- Educational and training resources and materials
- Training to educators
- Libraries of educational and training institutions
These requirements are outlined on the next three screens.
Refers to different conformance levels in WCAG 2.0. A series of technical checkpoints that make websites and their content increasingly accessible to a broader range of users with disabilities. To meet conformance Level A all Level A success criteria need to be met; to meet conformance Level AA all Level A and Level AA success criteria must be met.